Parmanu - The Story of Pokhran (2018) Review...

Parmanu - The Story of Pokhran (2018) Review...

DATE WATCHED: 02 JUNE 2018

DATE RELEASED:  25 MAY 2018

IMDb LINK: CLICK HERE


CONCEPT

Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran is based on the nuclear bomb test explosions conducted by the Indian Army at Pokhran in 1998, under the leadership of India's future President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, during the time of PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee's tenure.

REVIEW

This movie shows a lot of promise. The performances of John Abraham is excellent and Diana Penty did a fantastic job as Capt. Ambalika Bandopadhyay. There is a lot of tension in this movie and I'm still under shock that one man with a 5 member team changed the course of India. This film manages to execute the scenes nicely.

This movie also made me realise that this is what John Abraham does at his best. He has a talent for portraying serious and intense roles with much more ease than his comic roles which needs a lot of improvement.

The movie doesn't put much work to the songs. The songs are good to listen to but I felt that the songs were unnecessary to the movie. I felt that the scene alone had good enough depth and the songs didn't do much to elevate the scenes.

The first few minutes of the first half was a bit "shaky" for me. It made me get the impression that the crew wasn't ready with the movie but as the movie progresses, it gets better.

That was all I could say about the movie. It has its flaws but it only hindered my experience only a little bit. I recommend this movie for every movie lover. It's very entertaining and patriotic and it doesn't shove it in your face. It offers a lot and it deserves to be seen. So, check it out and enjoy yourself!

Comments

Popular Posts